Engaging Your Supporters With Volunteer Opportunities
Any organization on AmplifyATX.org can post their own Volunteer Opportunities!
An opportunity can be an event or program which has a specific date, a program that is recurring, an ongoing event, or even a virtual opportunity. Whether you need volunteers to help build homes, feed the homeless, or send thank you letters, you can find and manage the volunteers you’re looking for right on AmplifyATX.org.
How do I create a volunteer opportunity?
Click the "Create Opportunity" button to build your custom volunteer opportunity.
- Opportunity Name: what do you want your volunteers to view this opportunity as?
- Opportunity Description: what are the details of your opportunity that you want your volunteers to know about before signing up
- Opportunity Photo: add a custom photo to describe your opportunity. If you don't select a photo it will default to your organization's logo.
- Opportunity Date: select whether your opportunity is a one time event, an ongoing opportunity, or during a specific date range.
- Application Process: if your volunteers are required to complete an application in order to volunteer, include that information here
- Family Friendly: if your opportunity is welcome to volunteers pf all ages, check this box.
- Contact Information: here you should include the contact information for the person your volunteers can contact with any questions
- Location Details: here you can include where the volunteer opportunity will be taking place
Once you've added the details of your opportunity click the "Create Opportunity" button to publish your volunteer opportunity on GiveGab.
After clicking "Create Opportunity" you'll be directed to your volunteer opportunity page where you can begin sharing it out with your future volunteers!
How do I log hours for my supporters?
From your Admin Dashboard, click on the "Volunteering" Tab and select the "Log Hours" link from the drop down.
After clicking “Log Hours,” you’ll be taken to a form where you can enter the Organization or Group name that held the opportunity. Next, select the opportunity name, the opportunity date, the task they completed, add the number of hours they volunteered, and add any comments or a description.
When you’re finished click the “Apply/Change Hours” button.
Once you’ve applied those changes, you can find and add members you want to attribute hours to by searching for their name and clicking the “Add” button. Remember, you can only log hours for members who are on GiveGab! You can always invite people to join AmplifyATX.org if you want to record their hours! Once you’ve added those volunteers, you’ll be able to input the specific information for each volunteer in the boxes next to their name.
After adding all of your volunteers, you’re ready to log those hours. Click the “Log Hours” button, and your members will receive a confirmation email about the hours – and the hours will show up on their Impact page!