Amplify Austin Day Business Fundraiser's Toolkit
The support of local businesses and the amplification of their support via their employees and their customers is critical to the success of Amplify Austin Day! Not only does your participation help ensure a successful day of fundraising for our nonprofits, but your participation in the day shows your employees that their company cares about them and their community. For the Amplify Austin Day, we're offering your business an opportunity to engage your employees and customers in generosity, connect them with causes they're passionate about, and come together to make a collective impact for the place we all call home.
Stay up to date with Amplify Austin Day and our collective progress leading up to the close of the day on March 6 at 6PM by following @ilivehereigivehere on Facebook and Instagram, and @IL_HIGH on Twitter.
We encourage you and your employees to post across your social media channels using #ILiveHereIGiveHere and #AmplifyATX so that we can help spread the word of your support.
How can I be successful in spreading philanthropy to my employees and customers? Check out the Business Toolkit by following the links below. We've created a lot of great and compelling content for you - simply add your company's unique spin!
- Business Fundraiser One Pager
- Business Fundraiser Sample Social Copy
- Sample Emails and Slack to Employees
- 2020 Graphics, Videos, and Logos
Interested in learning more about Amplify Austin Day and the value to your business? Contact Jessi Moon, firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I run a successful fundraiser for my business?
The number one recommendation for running a successful fundraiser for Amplify Austin Day is that you are truly celebrating and encouraging the act of philanthropy - big and small! Here are some tips, tricks, and ideas on how to encourage you employees and your customers to rally around philanthropy, and the single largest fundraiser in the Central Texas community!
What incentives can I offer or celebrations can I plan to my employees or customers?
As you hit your giving day milestones or to just celebrate the giving spirit of Amplify Austin Day, plan some fun and excitement in at your business or office on March 4th - 5th. We have some ideas below, but the sky's the limit in how you can engage your employees and customers, and encourage philanthropy on Amplify Austin Day!
- Food: Cater a snack break, host a pot luck, or a dessert party to celebrate giving
- Attire: Have a casual dress day so employees can dress to represent the agency or cause they care about
- Advertise: Pass out “I Gave” stickers to employees who gave to celebrate the causes they care about
- Competition: Have a competition between departments to see who can raise the most and offer a prize
- Discounts: If you have a store front, offer a percentage off of an item if they can show they gave (Amplify Austin Day sends out a receipt to each donor for easy access on their phone!).
- Raffle: Offer a raffle, and every time a donor gives if as entry into the raffle.
- Happy Hour: Host a happy hour and invite local nonprofits and your customers to meet and mingle!