Join the Generosity Movement
GivingTuesday is Dec. 1
#GivingTuesday is I Live Here I Give Here’s program to promote actions for good and sustained giving in the Austin metro area.
#GivingTuesday takes place every year the Tuesday after Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) and commercial shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday. A worldwide day of giving and unity, it aims center public attention on the vital role of generosity in our communities. A global campaign propelled by grassroots action, #GivingTuesday kicks off the giving season. I Live Here I Give Here officially joined the global #GivingTuesday movement in 2017 as the Central Texas #GivingTuesday Community Leader.
How can you get involved?
Even while we practice physical distancing, we can stand together. Here are a few meaningful ways you can take action for good:
- Donate Today: AmplifyATX.org is here as a resource for you year-round. Please search for the causes that mean the most to you by keyword and cause category, and consider making sustaining monthly gifts. Or, support increased generosity for the benefit of the nonprofit community at large when you donate to I Live Here I Give Here. Right now, nonprofits are in great need of dependable and unrestricted funds.
- Advocate for a cause you believe in: Start a fundraising page for your cause and invite your family and network to join you in giving back.
- Volunteer: Search virtual volunteer opportunities and get involved at VolunteerMatch.com.
- Perform Acts of Generosity: Challenge yourself and your friends and family members to daily acts of generosity. See GivingTuesday’s “Do Good” calendar for inspiration.
- Inspire Your Network: Participate in the GENEROSITY NOW Social Media Challenge by sharing how you give using the hashtag #ILiveHereIGiveHere and tagging friends, family, and co-workers to join the generosity movement with you. We may just share your story on the @ILiveHereIGiveHere accounts!
Our local nonprofits are facing increased need and reduced resources due to COVID-19. They need our support now more than ever. Let's highlight the culture of kindness we all take pride in and show the world how generous Central Texas can be this #GivingTuesday, December 1st!
Giving back is good business. We know that your company is already creating a meaningful impact for the local community, demonstrating the vital role of generosity in Central Texas. Join us this #GivingTuesday as we promote actions for good and monthly sustained giving. Help us spread the word and report on all the good happening at your business by December 4th to be recognized as part of the global generosity campaign.
GivingTuesday Tools, Logos, and Graphics for Businesses
Contact Erin Ajayi, Sr. Director of Development, at Erin@ilivehereigivehere.org to learn more about how you can engage your employees on GivingTuesday and beyond.
From food and shelter, to the arts and parks, to caring for our children, families, pets and neighbors, your organizations are changing lives and bettering our community every day. We know you are facing unprecedented need, and hope to drive support to you. We are honored to stand with you this November to highlight the vital role of the Central Texas nonprofits in making our community more vibrant, equitable, and resilient.
Join us this #GivingTuesday as we promote actions for good and monthly sustained giving. Help us spread the word and report on all the good happening at your organization by December 3rd to be recognized as part of the global generosity campaign.
I Live Here I Give Here's GivingTuesday Toolbox: Includes ready to use graphics, flyers, posters, logos, sample posts and emails, more.